If anyone in our Community has experience in the Sponsorship and/or Funding Application areas, or Marketing generally, we would love to hear from you. Just follow this Contact link and we will get back to you.
We can reduce the total amount of funding the Community needs to raise by:
Perhaps you have some ideas of your own. Please Contact us via the Contact page.
Everybody associates B4RN Community Broadband projects with digging. Diggers, Not long now!
Local Circuit Champion Volunteers
The Preston Richard Community Broadband project team are looking for volunteers with a range of skills to help in the network planning phase. This involves visiting every household and business in the parish. Please Contact Us using the Contact Page if you would like to help.
The proposed network is divided into 7 sub-routes each of which is broken down into local areas known as Local Circuits. The team are looking for volunteers to champion planning activity in their local area.
NO digging involved, NO previous experience necessary and full training will be provided.
The Circuit Champion tasks include:
• Visit each property on their route and establish if residents:
• Check to see if the owner would like to invest in the community project and if they understand how they can do this but do NOT offer any financial advice.
• Review route in/across their curtilage and where they would like to enter the property and desired location of the Router.
• Identify any potential obstacles or areas in their property the owners wish to avoid.
• Identify any wayleaves required and draw up the necessary plans.
• Where necessary, explain how important it is they grant a wayleave agreement even if they don’t wish to be connected.
• Establish if the owner,
• Provide the Sub-Route Coordinator with regular updates on the Circuit status including:-
• Details of any route changes
• Wayleaves required
• Wayleaves approved
• Properties wishing to invest in B4RN
• Potential issues and any help required
This community project will only succeed with the support of community.
If you would like to be involved in any way please contact Glenn Smithers on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Page.